Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things I like and don't like today.

Today I found this letter, and started bawling my eyes out. It reminds me of what a wonderful father my husband is, but also makes me so grateful that I had such a great relationship with my father growing up. I was always a daddy's girl, and that will never change!

I love the Margaret and Helen blog; they are hilarious Democrat bloggers, but this entry just moved me!

Anyone else watching the Bachelor this season? I'm usually not a fan of The Bachelor, just the Bachelorette, but since Jason is a leftover from the previous Bachelorette, I'm all in! :-) My favorites actually so far have meshed with J's; I really like Jillian, Molly, and Naomi, but can't STAND Shannon. That chick is soooo crazy...major stalker material!

On to the scrapbooking...So, here are some of the Christmas layouts I've been working on. By far, these are some of my favorite layouts I've ever done. Love the paper, love the embellishments, love what I've been able to do since I got my Cricut machine.

This one is for Roman's book. It's about his favorite Christmas gifts.

This page is about how we made our Christmas ornaments because we couldn't make it to our storage unit in Oklahoma to get our stash. The second picture shows one of the picture frames that we made. We hung individual pictures of all our family and our best friends. This was probably Roman's favorite part of the Christmas tree...he loved pointing at a frame and making us say the person's name! I also made snowflakes, stars, and trees on my Cricut, punched holes in them and hung them as ornaments.


Here is the general Christmas layout with a overview of photos from all our family visits. This one is Mike's favorite.


If anyone wants to know what paper, accents, etc that I used, just ask! Thanks for reading my rambling post!

Love, T.

6 comments:

Timothy Hill said...

In the words of P.Rod, "You can't just sort of scrapbook." lol.

Timothy Hill said...

I really find it funny that my name is Profile in that post. I changed it for my page layout, but didn't know it changed my name everywhere. My bad.

Tara said...

I wondered who "Profile" was! And no, you definitely can't sort of scrapbook. I am one of those people who brings a suitcase to CROP! :)

valerie said...

I love your scrapbook. It's beautiful and will be something you will always treasure.

I'm glad you're back to blogging. I haven't even checked here in a while because I thought you weren't doing it anymore.

About the Esther study. To purchase the whole dvd kit is pretty expensive. Is there a church in your area that might be offering the study? I do hope you get to do it someday. It's so good.

Talk to ya soon!
Love,
Val

valerie said...

I didn't even know what a cricut gadget was until yesterday morning when I was up at 4:00 a.m. and had the tv on and saw a show about it.
I am the most non-creative person ever and I was almost convinced to buy me one of these. The lady was making the cutest things.
Now I know....
How cool that you have one!

Tara said...

My cricut is awesome. It was my Christmas gift from my hubby this year, and we went on Black Friday at 5 AM to purchase it...at half price!! That's the way to do it, for sure! I'll cut things for you anytime, just let me know. I can mail it to you!