Monday, October 6, 2008

Roman's crib

Blog-chatting with Ms. Judy, I realized just how amazing my husband is! Of course I knew (I married him, didn't I?), but this was a good reminder. When I was pregnant, the crib that I wanted for Baby Henson (we didn't know if he was a boy or a girl until I had him), was like $900. So, instead, we printed out a picture from the internet, and Mike built it himself. Of course, it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty darn close!!!


Mike, working hard!






The notches he hand cut into the ends.


Prepping for the paint job.


Putting it all together.

The finished product...DAYS before I had Roman! :-) Excuse the attire, I was wearing Mike's shorts because none of mine fit anymore!




Aren't I a lucky lady???

3 comments:

judy said...

Yes you are a lucky lady!! That man can build!

What talent to be able to see a picture and duplicate it. That makes it even more special to know it was built with love. I'd save it for Roman when he has children of his own..............many, many years from now, of course! :)

Kristen said...

I had no clue you didn't know Roman was boy until you had him..what will power you have my friend!!
The crib is awesome! I can't believe Mike made it. You are luck to have a crafty man!
P.S. I'm lovin' the OSU house shoes! :) (and your cute belly!!)

valerie said...

Mike did an excellent job on the crib. I didn't know he was talented like that.
That makes it even more special.

You were lookin' pretty cute there all pregnant!

Tell Mike "Good job!"