Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mike!

Well, yesterday was Mike's uh, 28th birthday (he paid me to say that). I had a semi-cool day planned of decorating the house, making him a birthday card from Roman, and baking him a cake. All of these things were supposed to be a surprise. Well, because of all the flooding here in LR, the power was out at his job site, so he came back home around 9am. There go all of my surprises down the drain! I decorate with him in the house, I bake the cake while he's in the dining room, and I just cancel the card-making. Well, we ended up going out to dinner at On The Border and having a fun time. Roman kept talking a kid sitting at the table next to us, which was pretty funny since we have no idea what he is saying!

So here are some pics of the evening.

Roman and I right before we left for dinner.


Pretty much the same picture, but I had to include it, because it was the first time I was able to put on my pre-pregnancy jeans! Woo-hoo!


Mike and Roman.


Dinner at OTB.

Red velvet cake...yum!



And lastly, this is a pic from exactly four years ago, when I threw a surprise birthday party for Mike in Tulsa, where we were living at the time. Do you think we've changed???

7 comments:

Kristen said...

I am so proud of you for loosing the baby weight. I think that would be one of the hardest things!! You look awesome!
Tell Mike happy "28th" b-day! :)

Unknown said...

Paid to lie...I'm terribly disappointed. ;) Looked like you guys had fun, sorry I was the loser who didn't call him and wish him a happy birthday. Congratulations on working towards your goal! Great dedication!

valerie said...

I could have sworn I left a comment already on this post, but you know I am getting old and my memorie's fading. :(

It looks like y'all had a very nice dinner. Roman looks so much like his daddy.

FYI...I have an aunt who lives in Cabot (I think that's near LR??) and a cousin who's a nurse in Little Rock.

Christy said...

Tara you look amazing!!! Congrats on loosing the baby weight!

Looks like you guys had a fun time! Sorry your surprises didn't work out.

Your son is such a cutie!!!

Tell Mike Happy Birthday!

Christy

judy said...

I heard you wrote a beautiful poem to your grandparents which was read in church today. With it being "grandparents day" why don't you share it? Sounds like it was very touching.

You look great! Good job getting back in those jeans. :)

valerie said...

Tara,
Thank you for the sweet compliments you shared on my blog.
When Brian & Kristen went away to college I missed all their friends who used to hang out here a lot. It got really quiet around here.
We all have some great memories, huh?
You were one of the reasons, probably the main reason Kristen chose OSU. After she spent time with you there she came to love the campus and felt like that was where God wanted her to go.
Yes, I remember very well the Dorito...Guacamole taste test.
Anyway, thanks again...that meant a lot to me.
Love,
Val

judy said...

A friend of ours goes to your grandparents church. She told me your dad (I think it was he)read the letter (she thought it was a poem). Anyway, she said it was very sweet.

Thanks for congratulating me on getting "one of each"boy and girl grandchildren ......isn't that a hoot? We were afraid we'd be so old by the time it happened that we wouldn't know WHAT to do whith them when placed in our arms. lol

In that one picture of Roman sitting in the water and turned sideways, he looks just like you. But then he looks like his dad too. Very cute little guy.